- Calibration methods tailored to the application
- Target Mark technology provides 3D object poses in no time
- Simplified installation through 3D grip point transformation
Typical VISOR® Robotic
Expectations of today’s robotics solutions are steadily rising in the context of Industry 4.0, paired with a simultaneous desire for greater ease-of-use. And this is precisely where the VISOR® Robotic demonstrates its outstanding ability. Available in several versions, the vision sensor offers the perfect solution for a variety of automation tasks. Designed with integrated and standardised interfaces, VISOR® Robotic can be easily incorporated in existing installations and systems, and thanks to different calibration methods and flexible data structures, it is also suited to a diverse range of procedures.
Scope of detectors according to the application:
- Advanced: To solve common image-guided robotics applications
- Professional: Extended scope of functions for identification, enhanced calibration methods and localisation in 3D
Vision Systems Design 2020 Innovators Award
VISOR® Robotic was recognized among the best in machine vision today by the judges of the Vision Systems Design 2020 Innovators Awards program. The judging panel consisted of esteemed experts from system integrator and end-user companies.Reliable feeding of material
Thanks to VISOR® Robotic, components that are fed in a universal tray or via a supply bin are reliably located and gripped. When loose components are supplied, the sensor not only checks their position but also inspects the free space around the gripper. The VISOR® determines both sets of information and sends them to the robot controller via one of the integrated standardised interfaces. The process is then managed based on the information received.
The benefits for you:
- Cost advantage due to use of universal tray
- Precise feeding, without mechanical alignment
- Easy installation of vision sensor through slimline design and functions tailored to the application.
During robot-guided applications, such as screw positioning, VISOR® Robotic effortlessly detects the pose of components; this allows the correction of any offset and improves the quality of production. Mechanical effort is reduced, and the production line is consequently more flexible. The VISOR® Robotic concept enables direct communication between the VISOR® and the robot, and an additional instance can subsequently be omitted for many applications.
The benefits for you:
- Stable process despite varying positions of parts being fed
- Added flexibility with increasing number/diversity of variants
- Reduced programming due to calculation of 3D destination position for robot by VISOR® Robotic.
Use of mobile robots must be safe and efficient. To achieve this, the size of the safety zone must be rigorously defined, and also extremely reduced to offer the worker maximum freedom of movement. With the aid of Target Mark 3D technology, VISOR® Robotic allows mobile robots to move with precision to the workstation and e.g.
to connect themselves there mechanically via a plug.
The benefits for you:
- High availability due to robots’ implementation of workstation safety zones
- Fast procedures due to compensation of 3D offset using 2D vision sensor with image capture
Target Mark 3D technology was recognized among the best in machine vision today by the judges of the Vision Systems Design 2021 Innovators Awards program.
Simple connection to robot systems from leading manufacturers
The VISOR® Robotic vision sensor was specially developed for the challenges in robotics applications. With its integrated, standardised interfaces, it can be easily incorporated in existing installations and robot systems from leading manufacturers.
Specially developed apps and function modules allow seamless communication between the vision sensor and robot, and considerably facilitate setup, operation and data exchange. This enables fast integration of the sensor in numerous applications.
Easy connection to solutions of leading manufacturers
In addition to the apps and function modules developed by us, the setup of robotics applications is also simplified by the offerings of other solution providers.
Of course, the cooperation of these programs with our VISOR® Robotic works without problems. Their additional tools make the communication with robots and their setup and operation even more comfortable and expand your possibilities considerably.